Common signs and symptoms of Varicose Veins?
It is usual to experience tenderness or pain over a vein where the clot is located. You may have swelling of legs, tight heavy feeling in calves with itchy, painful legs, spider veins, muscle spasms, bulging and bluish veins and nighttime leg cramps.
Underlying risk factors and are you at risk?
It is increasingly becoming common in UAE population given the predisposition to obesity, smoking habits and sedentary lifestyle. People with history of surgery, trauma, blood clot in the legs or lungs, phlebitis, high blood pressure, family history of the problem, cancer and overweight are more at risk. It also affects women who are pregnant or using birth control pills.
Treatment options for Varicose Veins
If varicose veins are large, they need to be removed surgically under general anesthetic and you can go home the same day. At Medstar Dubai, we leverage cutting age technology to ensure the best of quality care for our patients.
Our doctors are known to advise the best treatment options depending upon the condition. Take a glance of what we rely on:
- K laser Blue (Diode laser with three spectrum) – A versatile laser from Italian origin to ensure faster healing
- Concentrated Growth factors (CGF) – A must for advanced wound care management. A fibroplast is triggered at the affected area by stem cells via PRP technique which expedites the healing process.
- Sclerotherapy – This day care procedure involves an injection of a salt solution directly into the veins which helps the blood vessel to collapse and gradulaly fade away from view
- Therapeutic Mangnetic Resonance technology (TMR) – It has focused action on treating inflammation, pain reduction and wound healing
- Ozone Therapy – This new age technology converts regular oxygen into ozone, which within the therapeutic range actys as a potent antioxidant and aid in healing