Liposuction has become a well-known process to control weight and obesity and other lifestyle problems. So, if you are undergoing liposuction make sure to read all this information.
- What is Liposuction?
Liposuction or liposculpture is a surgical process that helps to breakdown and eliminates the stubborn fat layer between the muscle and the skin layer.
- Where liposuction can be applied?
Liposuction can be performed in case of double chin, neck, bottom of upper arms, saddlebags, love handles, male breasts, abdomen area, muffin top and other body parts that have excess fat.
- Who should go for liposuction?
People who have fat tissues between muscle and skin( except visceral fat), those who have elastic skin and those who want to lose weight are ideal for liposuction.
- How much weight or fat can be removed with liposuction?
Liposuction removes the excess fat from the body. So, it reduces the weight of excess fat of the person. Hence, it is not a typical weight-loss procedure.
- What is the preparation before and after surgery?
If someone is undergoing liposuction they need mental determination and a strong support system of family and friends. Alongside, proper postsurgical care and proper medication are also important.
- What is the procedure?
Doctors apply local anaesthesia on the patient for the operation. They make small cuts on the skin and take out the fat using a suction machine attached to a special device called “cannula”.
- How does a patient recover?
A patient fully recovers from the operation within 2 to 4 weeks of the operation. Proper care, regular diet makes recovery faster.
- Are there any chances of surgical scars?
Small scars may appear after surgery because of cannula but it fades away with time. The scars depend on your skin quality.
- What is the end result?
The end result is, of course, a new body with a lesser amount of fat cells. But you need to follow a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet to maintain this figure.
Top 10 Questions to be asked to the surgeon
- Is the doctor certified from the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Ask the doctor if they have a certificate from the American Board of Plastic Surgery which indicates their proper knowledge and expertise.
- How much experience does the doctor have in liposuction? It is important to know the number of successful liposuction surgery performed by the surgeon.
- What are my expectation about the result? The surgeon guides you about the results and sometimes must be taken for the swelling to resolve.
- What is the recovery time? It fully depends on the amount of fat removed from the body.
- Are the photos of similar work can be seen? Before and after images of surgery can help you to understand the doctor’s work
- What is the scheduled time before surgery? During the surgery and the recovery, the availability of the surgeon must be needed.
- What is the budget for the surgery? The budget may vary patient to patient and site of the surgery. But a good understanding and planning may help to make it in a friendly budget.
- What kind of special care involved in the target area? Special care needed for the target have ignored any garment which hurt that place, it is better to use some alternative arrangements.
- Is other plastic surgeries also better with the liposuction? Experts in popular clinics like Medstar Dubai often combine liposuction with another kind of surgeries to get the desired result.
- What are the works required after the liposuction? Surgeons may visit his/her patients after the surgery and talk to them about how they feel if any problem has etc and also get in touch with the patient’s condition every week.