● Piles or haemorrhoids are the painful medical condition of inflammation of tissues in the anal or rectum area. These tissues include blood vessels, elastic fibers and other supporting tissues in the anal or rectum area.
● These tissues rupture due to pressure exerted by adjacent tissues resulting in bleeding.
● The doctor specialized in anal, rectum, and colon disorders and treatment is called a proctologist.
● Piles based on location can be internal piles or external piles.
○ Internal piles: These piles are located internally 2 to 4 cm inside the anus and are invisible.
○ External piles: These are located on the outside, near the anal opening.
● Piles, if left untreated, can progress to extremely painful stages. Based on progression, piles can be divided into:
○ Grade 1: In this condition, piles are a small mass of inflamed tissues, mostly inside the lining of the anus and remain inside the anus. These are not visible.
○ Grade2: In this condition, piles are bigger than grade I piles but remain inside the anus. They can come out while passing stools but retract back on their own.
○ Grade 3: In this grade, piles are located outside the anus near the anal opening. The patient can feel them as lumps in the anal opening, but they can be easily re-inserted.
○ Grade 4:In this condition, piles are painful lumps on the anal area which cannot be pushed back.
● Grade 2, 3 and 4 are prolapsed haemorrhoids as they hang outside of the anal opening.
● Thrombosed haemorrhoids are extremely painful and itchy prolapsed haemorrhoids that are blocked by the blood clot and need immediate medical treatment to avoid complications.
● Chronic constipation
● Chronic diarrhea
● Lifting heavyweights
● Straining bowel movements
● Sedentary lifestyle
● Unhealthy fibreless diet
● Chronic use of laxatives
● Sitting on the toilet for a long time
● Family history
Symptoms of piles or haemorrhoids are:
● Itching and sore anal area
● Pain and discomfort while passing stools
● In cases of prolapsed haemorrhoids - a lump can be felt while wiping or washing the anal area after passing stools
● Blood spotted on tissues after wiping.
● Bleeding can also occur while passing stools
● In advanced stages, piles can cause discomfort and pain while sitting, passing stools, or during physical activities and faecal soiling of undergarments.
● Anaemia due to continuous bleeding
Visit the doctor if you are having:
● Itching in the anal region
● Pain and discomfort during bowel movements
● Anal bleeding while passing stools
● Lumps around the anal area
● Piles are becoming one of the common medical conditions due to a sedentary lifestyle. It can affect any age group, either young or old, male or female. But they are treatable by non-surgical and surgical procedures.
● Piles treatment is not age-specific or gender-specific.
● The patient is eligible for piles treatment if they are experiencing pain, bleeding, or discomfort while passing stools. This is a simple and treatable condition but, when ignored, can cause extreme pain with bleeding complications.
● Start the treatment of piles before it starts interfering with normal daily activities.
● Consult our proctology department and proctologist for further diagnosis, clinical examination, and treatment.
At MEDSTAR, we aim for result-oriented procedures to treat piles with zero complications. To achieve such results, we use the unique ayurvedic approach for the initial stages of piles, while we use laser technology & stapling methods for advanced piles cases.
For the comfort of the patient, we keep our treatment and patient information strictly confidential.
Our doctors of the Colorectal surgery or Proctology department are highly experienced and globally renowned. They can conduct piles laser treatment in Dubai procedures smoothly, with desired results & minimum complications. We have treated over 100,000+ piles patients till now with no recurrence complaints.
● Piles treatment depends on the grade and type of piles condition presented by the patient.
● After diagnosing the condition of piles. Piles Treatment in Dubai starts with:
○ Lifestyle changes
○ Surgical options
● Lifestyle changes include being more active, exercising regularly, drinking lots of water, and switching to a healthy, fiber-rich diet.
● Medications for piles are:
○ Over-the-counter (OTC) medications: These medications include ointments, creams, and pads and can be purchased without a prescription. These medicines do not cure piles but can help in relieving the symptoms. Do not use them for a long time without a doctor’s recommendation.
○ Pain medications like NSAIDs and steroids can reduce inflammation and other symptoms but do not cure piles.
● Surgical options for painful and advanced piles :
○ Rubber band ligation: The doctor puts an elastic band around the base of the piles less than grade 4 and cuts off its blood supply. After a few days, the banded haemorrhoid falls off.
○ Sclerotherapy: In this procedure, medicine is injected into a haemorrhoid to shrink it. It is effective for grade II and III haemorrhoids and is an alternative to banding.
○ Infrared coagulation: Infrared light coagulation procedure uses an infrared light-emitting device to burn the haemorrhoid tissue. This is used to treat grade I and II haemorrhoids.
○ Hemorrhoidectomy: This is the surgical removal of haemorrhoids or piles. It can be done under local anesthesia, sedation, spinal anesthesia, or general anesthesia. It is the most effective procedure for completely removing piles.
○ Haemorrhoid stapling or Hemorrhoidopexy: In this procedure, blood flow is blocked to the haemorrhoid tissue through stapling of the rectum. This results in the shrinking of haemorrhoids or piles.
○ Laser surgery: The use of lasers for treating piles is the most effective treatment option. Laser surgery is virtually painless and bloodless with long-lasting results.
● An innovation of Dr. Ashwin Porwal himself, this is a conservative approach intended to halt and reverse the early piles without any surgery.
● MCDPA regimen is:
○ Medication – Medicated creams and stool softeners for constipation are used.
○ Constac – Ayurvedic herbal preparation formulated by Indian Ayurvedic doctors at Healing Hands & Herbs is now available at MEDSTAR.
○ Diet – Counselling by a qualified nutritionist to correct any imbalances in the diet. A diet is conducive to healthy bowel habits.
○ Physiotherapy – It helps in strengthening the pelvic floor muscles.
○ Ayurveda therapy – This therapy includes 6 sessions of enema of medicated herbal oils.
● Laser Haemorrhoidoplasty is used for the treatment of Grade 2 and early stages of Grade 3 Piles.
● This procedure requires short general anesthesia and is completed in about 20 minutes. Laser beams are focused on the haemorrhoids through the anal opening by the use of special radially emitting fiber.
● The controlled emission of laser energy causes vaporization of haemorrhoidal tissues resulting in the shrinking of haemorrhoids.
No cuts, no open wounds
Less post-operative pain as compared to other procedures
External skin tag thrombosis
Rapid and healthy healing
No urgent need to rush to the toilet after the procedure
The patient can return to normal activities after a short period
No risk of rectal stenosis
● Stapled hemorrhoidopexy procedure uses a special device to remove a ring of tissue from the rectum which cuts off of the blood supply to the haemorrhoids. The tissue ring is then secured with a stapler. This helps hold the tissue in place leading to the shrinking of the haemorrhoids.
Inflammation or Infection that can be avoided by the use of antibiotics
Urgent need to rush to the toilet that can last for 4-8 weeks
For this complication, Kegels exercises are recommended
Minimum pain easily managed by pain medications
Lowest recurrence rate by the use of technique invented by Dr. Ashwin Porwal
Controlled bowel movements
Rapid recovery – Patient can resume work after 5 days
Safe for diabetes, heart, and old patients.
Piles can be an embarrassing and painful condition, but they are treatable. The successful piles treatment in Dubai helps our patients to get rid of painful piles with quick recovery and minimum post-surgery complications
Yes, piles and haemorrhoids are the same terms used for the abnormal mass of swollen and inflamed tissues of the anal region. They are extremely painful and can cause bleeding during bowel movements. It can be felt like a lump or mass near the anus. In advanced cases, they can easily hamper the daily life of the patient due to severe pain and anal bleeding.
● The best Haemorrhoids treatment in Dubai depends upon the severity of the piles. They are classified into 4 grades. Grade 1 and 2 piles can be treated with medications, physiotherapy, and ayurvedic treatment but advanced grades 3 and grade 4 require surgical treatment.
● Laser surgery for piles or haemorrhoids is painless and bloodless with minimum recurrence of piles after the surgery.
Yes, piles are a treatable, reversible condition. According to the progression of piles, right treatment by an experienced proctologist results in reversing the piles with minimum complications and without recurrence.
Right diagnosis and proper treatment by our proctologists at MEDSTAR is what you need to remove piles permanently.
Piles diagnosis includes a detailed medical history followed by a clinical examination of the anus and, if needed a digital examination and a scope is inserted to examine the anal canal. For the exact diagnosis of piles, MEDSTAR provides the service of anal digital examination like Proctoscopy and Colonoscopy. This helps our doctor to finalize the best piles treatment option for our patient.
Stapled hemorrhoidectomy is the newest and most effective surgical technique for haemorrhoids. In this procedure, tissues surrounding the piles are removed surgically which results in decreased blood supply to haemorrhoids and finally, haemorrhoids shrink permanently.
It is an extremely safe method permanently treating haemorrhoids without pain, bleeding, and bowel incontinence complications.
● The necessity of surgical treatment of piles depends on their progression and severity. Mostly, grade 3 and grade 4 prolapsed bleeding and painful piles condition require surgery to reverse them.
● Also, piles surgery is necessary to stop the further progression of piles and their complications.
● Consult our proctologist and suitable treatment as per the condition of piles severity.
● Internal haemorrhoids and grade 1 haemorrhoids are asymptomatic and resolve on their own usually.
● Grade 2, grade 3 and grade 4 haemorrhoids symptoms:
○ Itching and sore anal area
○ Pain and discomfort while passing stools
○ Lumpy mass in the anal area can be felt during or after a bowel movement
○ Bleeding during or after a bowel movement
No, there is no loss of bowel or stool control after piles surgery at MEDSTAR. Piles surgery simply removes the haemorrhoid tissue and there is no damage to the sphincters controlling the anal movement. Piles condition is not related to anal sphincters. So there is no anal sphincter involvement while doing surgery for piles.
copyright @ medstarhc.com