What are the most common signs and symptoms?
Please look for any of these symptoms like loss of feeling at the extremities (tips of toes and fingers), numbness or tingling sensation, blisters, skin discoloration and fluctuating blood sugar levels. In diabetic neuropathy, nerves are damaged that leads to numbness in the feet. During peripheral vascular disease, blood flow is reduced which can lead to pain, infection and wounds that heal slowly.
What are the treatment options for this disease?
If not treated in time, surgical options may be required which include removal of decaying tissue, surgical stabilization and even an arterial bypass. Our vascular surgeon engages in multi disciplinary approach depending upon the condition.
An advanced technology involving oxygen hyperbaric chamber for Diabetic Foot is utilized which involves exposing the body to 100% oxygen at a pressure that is greater than normal. This in turn expedites wound’s healing as they need more oxygen comparatively. These are day procedures and you can expect to be discharged at the soonest, depending upon your condition and complications (like high/low blood pressure, thyroid etc.), if any.
Regenerative therapies like the following in addition can speed up the healing process in the least possible time.
- TMR: Therapeutic magnetic resonance is done on diabetic foot for faster healing and focused removel of ulcer and prevent any serious infections, hospitalization and lower extremity amputations.
- CGF: Your body is the best possible solution for regerative therapies wherein cell proliferation occurs which thereby reduces inflammation.
- Oxygen chamber: In this case, the air pressure is increased to three times higher than normal air pressure and as a result, lungs can gather more oxygen than would be possible breathing pure oxygen at normal air pressure.
Medstar Dubai leverages its years of experience of panel of doctors with avant-garde technology, thus leaving you with the outcome of a standardized and safe operation.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, book your appointment today with experienced vascular surgeon at Medstar Dubai. It is our endeavor to support you with our commitment of top-rated service, new age technology and complete assistance during recovery.
DR VINCENZO DI DONNA – SPECIALIST VASCULAR SURGEON
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from University of Naples – Italy.
- Specialized in Vascular Surgery at the Vascular Surgery Specialization School of the S.U.N.
- Head of the Vascular Surgery Department and Molecular Regenerative Medicine at the Institute of
- Regeneration Home (RH) – Corato – Italy
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ASSOCIATIONS:
- Vascular Surgery Consultant at the “Villa del Sole” Clinic in Caserta – italy
- Vascular Surgery Consultant at U.O.C. of Vascular Surgery and Diabetic Foot Centre humanitas gavasseni – Bergamo – italy.
- Founder Member of SIMCRI (The Italian Society of Regenerative Medicine and Surgery)
- Chairman of the Istituto Internazionale dello stress Ossidative (International Institute of Oxidative stress)
Book a Free Appointment with our Expert Vascular Surgeon TodayBook Now